Hamsters have chubby bodies and small round eyes. They like to fill their mouths with food. They look very cute. And it’s easy to take care of. Many families like raising them. Although little hamsters have low requirements for food and many foods can be fed, what hamsters eat and how to feed have also become a confused problem for novices. Today, I’ll give you a detailed talk to see if you’re feeding right?
1. On drinking water:Remember to boil this in cold water. And be absolutely clean. Some spray dogs directly drink tap water to hamsters, which is very bad for their health. It is also recommended to change it once every two or three days to avoid breeding bacteria.
2. If hamsters are fedfeed, we should use the special feed for rats. If you feed rabbits or other animals, you may be allergic.
3. We often see hamsters eat melon seeds, such as sunflower seeds, peanuts, walnuts and pine nutsNutsThey love it, but don’t give too much every day. Because nuts are high in fat. Be careful to become a little fat. Also note that sunflower seeds are the best fresh sunflowers. For example, the fried melon seeds with spices contain high oil and salt, which is not suitable for hamsters.
4. There are still someFruitsIt’s OK. Apples, persimmons, grapes, oranges, bananas, cherries, strawberries, etc. they are smart enough to peel themselves. They look like they can sprout you up, but pay attention to the high sugar and water content of fruits. You can’t eat more to avoid diarrhea. But it should be noted that, for example, apple seeds, peach, pipa, plum, apricot and peach are best not to be fed. It is easy to cause gastrointestinal dyspepsia, dyspnea, heart paralysis, etc
5. Vegetables.For example, radish, cabbage, bean sprouts, spinach, tomato, sweet potato, corn, potato, pumpkin, carrot, etc. we can cut them into the size they can eat to feed. Pay attention to the quantity. But some irritating vegetables: leek, onion, ginger, garlic, pepper and onion must not be given to it. The petite hamster’s intestines and stomach can’t stand it.
6. Wild plantsIt’s OK. Lucky grass, clover, plantain, reed, dandelion and turf, but pay attention to wash them. Some flowers and plants are toxic. For example, ferns, hyacinth, morning glory, tulips, Narcissus, orchids, Platycodon grandiflorum, cyclamen, Acorus calamus, Rhododendron and so on should not be eaten by mistake.
7. Andanimal proteinThis kind of food. Yakult, milk, boiled eggs, cheese, milk, pet dried fish, beef, chicken, cheese cake. But pay attention to these milk probiotic drinks and don’t feed too much. It’s also easy to have diarrhea.
What do hamsters eat. So it seems that it likes a lot of food. No wonder they are chubby.